Why don't you do it yourself Mikal?

Mikal is the author of Immortalis-Animus as well as TEACHINGS OF THE IMMORTALS. All questions welcome. Be respectful and you will be respected in return.

Why don't you do it yourself Mikal?

Postby Valerio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 am

This whole topic can be very easily misinterpreted as provocation, sarcasm or some other form of disrespect. I sincerely hope it isn't understood that way. I'm posting this purely out of curiosity and the will to know. I apologise if this was answered before but I don't recall anyone asking this outright.

To take a recent example, the minor trouble that this site's coding is causing. Why don't you, Mikal, go into gnosis and gain the knowledge necessary to update the site's coding yourself? Why rely on other people when you potentially know all they could possibly know?

Another example is Jesus. You say we can't know if he truly existed. Can't you just go back in time and tell us what you experienced?

While the nature of the question seems exclusive to Mikal, anyone who has anything worthwhile to add I welcome and encourage.
The Arcane Winds give rise to Fires of Infinity
Valerio

Re: Why don't you do it yourself Mikal?

Postby espiritus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Valerio wrote:This whole topic can be very easily misinterpreted as provocation, sarcasm or some other form of disrespect. I sincerely hope it isn't understood that way. I'm posting this purely out of curiosity and the will to know. I apologise if this was answered before but I don't recall anyone asking this outright.

To take a recent example, the minor trouble that this site's coding is causing. Why don't you, Mikal, go into gnosis and gain the knowledge necessary to update the site's coding yourself? Why rely on other people when you potentially know all they could possibly know?

Another example is Jesus. You say we can't know if he truly existed. Can't you just go back in time and tell us what you experienced?

While the nature of the question seems exclusive to Mikal, anyone who has anything worthwhile to add I welcome and encourage.

To me this does indeed sound like provocation for no real purpose other than to attempt to prove how clever you are. Sorry, but I'm tired of that kind of question, and if you really don't trust Mikal or like the information he provides, why are you even here? Why can't YOU just go back in time and tell us what you experienced with the baby Jesus? As for going into gnosis to gain knowledge about computer programming... again just pointless waste of time. Mikal is trying to teach you how to attain immortality... but if you'd rather concern your brain with computer coding, that's entirely up to you.

Sorry to be gruff, but I really wish people would address intelligent questions rather than just mindless provocation. For what it might be worth, Mikal actually HAS "gone back in time" but as he's said more than once, he isn't going to tell YOU what to believe based on his own experiences.

You seem to be asking Mikal to PROVE something to you. If he hasn't done that already with his 2 books and all the information & knowledge he has provided here, perhaps you are in the wrong place. Have you even read the books?

And it HAS been asked outright. Probably more than once. Mikal has graciously answered it before. Use the search function and look for the word "Jesus." It will turn up this post below, among others.

viewtopic.php?p=7622#p7622

And lastly... if it seems I'm picking on you, it's because you've asked this same type of question before - more than once. In specific...

viewtopic.php?p=7788#p7788

You seem to believe that an apology in advance makes it okay... but to me that's just an attempt to disguise the underlying intent. Some questions aren't really questions. I don't mean to be disrespectful, BUT... "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" See what I mean?
By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it.
The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired. (Nikos Kazantzakis)
espiritus

Postby Strange Angel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 am

Maybe sideways to the subject but I always wonder why otherwise competent seekers place so much value on whether Jesus existed or not. Whether he did or didn't, if you choose to believe whatever he supposedly said, then his teachings are what matters. Same argument runs rampant with whether or not Don Juan ever existed or if he was a figment of Castaneda's imagination. I say it makes no difference, because the knowledge is real no matter where it came from. So whether Jesus was the first hippie smoking dope in the desert or just a dude in a toga mumbling wisdoms induced by power plants, it doesn't matter much, does it? The proof is in the proving, which is something only we can do for ourselves. :idea:
I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” ― Zhuangzi
Strange Angel

Postby Dancilla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:40 am

Strange Angel wrote:Maybe sideways to the subject but I always wonder why otherwise competent seekers place so much value on whether Jesus existed or not. Whether he did or didn't, if you choose to believe whatever he supposedly said, then his teachings are what matters. Same argument runs rampant with whether or not Don Juan ever existed or if he was a figment of Castaneda's imagination. I say it makes no difference, because the knowledge is real no matter where it came from. So whether Jesus was the first hippie smoking dope in the desert or just a dude in a toga mumbling wisdoms induced by power plants, it doesn't matter much, does it? The proof is in the proving, which is something only we can do for ourselves. :idea:

My feelings exactly, Strange Angel -- and well said, by the way! It doesn't matter to me if Don Juan was real or not because I can see the truth in the teachings and that's what's important.

It also doesn't matter to me whether or not Mikal can blow up lightbulbs with his mind, or download information to run his forum. Maybe he can. Maybe he can't. His teachings and what I can do with them to free myself are what matter to me.

"There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path", AND "We teach best what we most need to learn". Judging the message by the integrity of the messenger might be a big mistake.

Valerio, you seem to be questioning if Mikal even knows the path at all -- because you think you see proof that he doesn't. Maybe focus instead on what's going on inside you, when you are confronted by these teachings? Are you looking for an excuse to leave the path? What are you afraid of?
“And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning 'That path leads ever down into stagnation.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune
Dancilla

Postby Valerio » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:22 am

espiritus wrote:
Valerio wrote:This whole topic can be very easily misinterpreted as provocation, sarcasm or some other form of disrespect. I sincerely hope it isn't understood that way. I'm posting this purely out of curiosity and the will to know. I apologise if this was answered before but I don't recall anyone asking this outright.

To me this does indeed sound like provocation for no real purpose other than to attempt to prove how clever you are. Sorry, but I'm tired of that kind of question, and if you really don't trust Mikal or like the information he provides, why are you even here? Why can't YOU just go back in time and tell us what you experienced with the baby Jesus? As for going into gnosis to gain knowledge about computer programming... again just pointless waste of time. Mikal is trying to teach you how to attain immortality... but if you'd rather concern your brain with computer coding, that's entirely up to you.

Sorry to be gruff, but I really wish people would address intelligent questions rather than just mindless provocation. For what it might be worth, Mikal actually HAS "gone back in time" but as he's said more than once, he isn't going to tell YOU what to believe based on his own experiences.

You seem to be asking Mikal to PROVE something to you. If he hasn't done that already with his 2 books and all the information & knowledge he has provided here, perhaps you are in the wrong place. Have you even read the books?

And it HAS been asked outright. Probably more than once. Mikal has graciously answered it before. Use the search function and look for the word "Jesus." It will turn up this post below, among others.

viewtopic.php?p=7622#p7622

And lastly... if it seems I'm picking on you, it's because you've asked this same type of question before - more than once. In specific...

viewtopic.php?p=7788#p7788

You seem to believe that an apology in advance makes it okay... but to me that's just an attempt to disguise the underlying intent. Some questions aren't really questions. I don't mean to be disrespectful, BUT... "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" See what I mean?

My bad for the Jesus point. I actually read that thread but have forgot about it. Apologies. You've given me a lot of criticism here. I've payed a lot of thought to it and will continue to do so. I'll still say that disproving Mikal, in both cases, was b]not[/b] my intention and I don't think you're right to put me in the same box as the likes of xCalibur and whoever else asked non-questions. I'm all for don't shoot the messenger. Truth will always be true regardless of who says it. Even though he's fat, a fat man can tell you how to lose weight.

Thank you Strange Angel and Dancilla for your contributions too.
The Arcane Winds give rise to Fires of Infinity
Valerio

Return to Questions for Mikal