Ello Everyone

Welcome! Who are you and why are you here? Say as much or as little about yourself as you are comfortable with. Remember: this is not a role-playing forum. Posts that are clearly fiction will be deleted or moved to "Writings of the Night."
Forum rules
This is not a role-playing forum. If you want to post fiction, it belongs in the folder, WRITINGS OF THE NIGHT. This forum is for discussing the reality of the idea of living forever.

Ello Everyone

Postby TheBakaloid » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:00 am

I've joined this community because I have always had an interest in that which isn't normal. I didn't have the best childhood, not even close, so at a very young age I found myself asking about the fairness in the world, and why this God that I was taught to believe in allowed things to be unequal. Why a God that loved his children would allow them to suffer, etc... These musings lead me to abandon my Christian beliefs, and for a long time I became completely detached with the concept of the spirit.

I feel that I am beginning to wake up, and I am trying to spur my sleeping spirit back from which I have condemned it to. I don't necessarily desire immortality as much as I desire to simply, at the very least know the spirit. To know that humans have potential beyond the limitations of a physical body, to know that I am something besides a physical body. Don't get me wrong, I want immortality, and it was my research on vampires (yes the blood sucking ones), that led me to learn of a different version of the vampire - the one that Mikal speaks of.

I wish to awaken my spirit, my twin, something, someone beyond the incessant ramblings of my mind, and I'm interested in sharing my experiences, your experiences, and whatnot as I get to know you all. Of course there is no easy route to this journey, no skips: just meditation, desire, passion and enough love for the self to lead one escape from the cocoon, the 'comforting' embrace of society, and become the butterfly we all are on the inside.

I'd say I'm at square 2. I've decided to climb the mountain because I want to know what's on the other side, but I just don't quite have an idea or the equipment to get me up and over that mountain. :)
TheBakaloid

Re: Ello Everyone

Postby Rasa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:32 am

Welcome to the forum! :)
"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
--W. B. Yeats
Rasa

Re: Ello Everyone

Postby Blam » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:33 pm

and why this God that I was taught to believe in allowed things to be unequal. Why a God that loved his children would allow them to suffer, etc...

Ironic, because in reality everyone is unequal and sometimes we DO have to let the ones we Love suffer in order for them to evolve.
http://rebeltothecore.com/ - Doing the opposite
Blam

Return to Greetings & Introductions: Who Are You?