Image Magick

Image Magick

Postby Rasa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 am

There is an old picture of me as a baby in the upstairs hall, all rosy-cheeked and smiling at the "birdie." I was bald as a cue ball at that age (around 2). My ears stuck out, elf-like, and my blue-soon-to-be-brownish-green eyes twinkled with innocence. Hah! So, lately, every time I walk by I give baby-self little tidbits of encouragement or wisdom, or implant the seeds of desire/want/need that is the ache that will draw her forward into the NOW. I tell her, "You want to grow up to be a vampyre." I mentally send her images of the first vampire book I ever read and where to find it when she gets a little older. Sometimes, on difficult days, I say, "Hang in there, kiddo!" I swear, sometimes the face of me in that photo morphs, becoming a little older, or a little less human but still interesting to behold, or juts a blur over the sweet, smiling face that shifts it in time and space. Image magick. Effective? I'd say so, since she's obviously already heard me whispering to her across the chasm of years that separate us.
"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
--W. B. Yeats
Rasa

Re: Image Magick

Postby Immortalis Animus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:47 am

Rasa wrote:There is an old picture of me as a baby in the upstairs hall, all rosy-cheeked and smiling at the "birdie." I was bald as a cue ball at that age (around 2). My ears stuck out, elf-like, and my blue-soon-to-be-brownish-green eyes twinkled with innocence. Hah! So, lately, every time I walk by I give baby-self little tidbits of encouragement or wisdom, or implant the seeds of desire/want/need that is the ache that will draw her forward into the NOW. I tell her, "You want to grow up to be a vampyre." I mentally send her images of the first vampire book I ever read and where to find it when she gets a little older. Sometimes, on difficult days, I say, "Hang in there, kiddo!" I swear, sometimes the face of me in that photo morphs, becoming a little older, or a little less human but still interesting to behold, or juts a blur over the sweet, smiling face that shifts it in time and space. Image magick. Effective? I'd say so, since she's obviously already heard me whispering to her across the chasm of years that separate us.

Good intuition.

There's a form of magick I've occasionally shared with a few wherein the self in the Now essentially seduces the self of the Way Back Then and lures that past self into Becoming the person you want to be. Even some chaos magicians I know frown on such magic because they contend that it might "fuck with the past."

But... isn't that one of the primary agendas of magick? Fucking with the past to create the future by stumbling through the Now?

:twisted:
You have to be immortal before you can know how to become immortal.

To understand more about attaining the immortal condition, order my books...
Teachings of the Immortals and The Darker Teachings
Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Return to Rasa