Spiritual Constipation

Re: Spiritual Constipation

Postby Immortalis Animus » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Paradox wrote:Having just finished Darker Teachings of the Immortals (it was astounding, by the way!) I'm wondering about something that might not even be relevant, but it kept crossing my mind as I was reading.

You talk a lot about love, unconditional love, intent and will being powerful tools in a seeker's bag of tricks, but I'm wondering how you would classify the things that might be a seeker's undoing. Can't quite word this the way I want but I keep banging my head against a wall of uncertainty (Rasa wrote a bit about that recently), but also something else I can't quite categorize. Not even sure it's an emotion as much as a state of being. I keep thinking that the NEXT time I turn the corner my twin will be standing there. I don't necessarily mean literally but like I'm going to cross the crossroads and something is going to change other than my underwear changing from day to day. But then I look around and realize I'm running in place, like chasing after a light that's just a symptom of a brain aneurism.

So what do you think about the things that plug us up and give seekers mental and spiritual constipation? Don't know any other way to describe it - sorry if I'm being crude. Not meaning to be disrespectful. Loved the Darker Teachings. Hope you'll do another one sometime soon.

Thanks.

At the very least, I can say you have a dark but altogether necessary sense of humor. :lol:

This "emotion" you speak of... it answers to the name of hope, and though most new age gurus try to sell it in the form of good vibrations and positive thinking, hope is one of the single most destructive "emotions" in the range of human experience. I put the word "emotions" in quotes because I'm not entirely convinced hope is an emotion as much as it is a default mechanism humans have to keep them from hurling themselves into the hungry maw of the abyss. And yet, it has been observed that only when a seeker loses all hope does he have any real possibility of embracing a solution that has nothing to do with some airy-fairy placebo being shoved up his chute by the purveyors of platitudes swiped from the pages of The Secret or other texts promising success, happiness and true love in exchange for nothing more than hope in the heart and - more realistically - air between the ears.

Am I saying it's wrong to hope things will get better? Not necessarily, but hope is one of those things that only tends to manifest when action is taken to bring about the desired results. Hoping for things to get better won't do much good to the jobless couch potato who spends his day watching reruns of I Love Lucy in his grandmama's basement while lamenting the fact that he's still a virgin at the age of 57. Much as no one really wants to believe it, hope is the thought from which action might be taken - but without the action, hope is nothing more than a dark and dangerous predator, sucking away at one's lifeforce. I've known people who have told me, "I'm living on hope." If that's the case, they are not really living. They are only waiting for some idea (probably not even clearly formed) to spring into being because it is hoped for. In other words, they are waiting for a miracle, and though miracles do happen, they are generally rare and unpredictable at best.

The only real cure for what you are experiencing is forward motion. Even if you don't know where you are going, take the next step in the direction of your dreams. If you feel you are stuck at a crossroads, choose a direction and see where it leads. Occasionally, "hope" can transform into Intent, which generally occurs when forward motion begins. If you feel genuinely as if you're held in stasis, it might not matter what direction you choose. The important thing is to know that while you're going nowhere, the clock is ticking and hope might be the glue keeping your feet from moving.

If you feel spiritually constipated, relentless Intent is the only laxative. :twisted:
You have to be immortal before you can know how to become immortal.

To understand more about attaining the immortal condition, order my books...
Teachings of the Immortals and The Darker Teachings
Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Re: Spiritual Constipation

Postby Immortalis Animus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 am

Paradox wrote:
Thanks for the thoughtful reply, I do muchly appreciate it. Have given it a lot of thought and as much as I don't want to agree with you, I do when all's said and done. Hope is a dark fucker wearing a pretty dress. This isn't really a serious question but why do we have hope when it seems like pretty much everything is hopeless?

The question might not be intended seriously, but it is nonetheless worthy of exploration. The universe is a master of opposites and paradoxes (as your username indicates). I have always been a fan in the story of the fox and the grapes. It certainly seems that many things exist which are placed just out of reach - whether to serve as motivation, inspiration or desperation... who's to say? I have wondered over the centuries if hope is the Mother of Intent - and while that is perhaps a more optimistic view than many would expect from this wily old wizard, it is the only semi-rational explanation I have formulated. If we hope to fly, we must either grow wings or build an airplane. If we hope to go the stars, we must either construct a starship or figure out a way to get abducted by aliens. If we hope for immortality, we must push the boundaries of what is believed to be possible into the realm of what is most often perceived to be IMpossible.

Otherwise... if hope is not the Mother of Intent, it is nothing but a false prophet - promising the stars but delivering only gravedust. In older days, many prophets were executed lest they sing their prophecies into being and though that may seem a drastic and cruel solution, it did have a certain poetic justice to it in spite of itself.

What to do about hope? Hope it isn't another manifestation of Agent Smith. It may well be. It may well not be.

I hope for the best.

Darkly everafter,
M
You have to be immortal before you can know how to become immortal.

To understand more about attaining the immortal condition, order my books...
Teachings of the Immortals and The Darker Teachings
Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Return to An Archive of Relevant Posts