A Magician Asks a Spirit...

Matters of life and death... what have you learned from life? What do you believe about death? Why do you want to live forever?

A Magician Asks a Spirit...

Postby Valerio » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 am

'' '...where do you come from?'

'I am the formed abyss. We are not different. All things are formed from one primordial nothingness, not at some point in the distant past, but in each moment. Every moment you consider me I come into being, every moment that you consider yourself you are brought into existence. Stop considering yourself and you will cease to be. I have appeared to men as they have considered me, I taught them that which they were on the brink of learning themselves, I concatenated their realizations. I would say that I have always existed as the Promethean-pandorean figure because all time for me is present. However, I have not existed at all until this moment, but neither have you.'

'...where does that leave the idea of objective reality?'

'Reality is far from objective. Can you name a single thing that exists independent of your observation? Such a thing does not exist. When you and I meet, you and I come into existence. Before that point, there is no you, there is no I. You exist only in your relation to that which surrounds you. Your very physical forms held together, as mine is in the smoke by the pressure inside your skin meeting the pressure outside your skin, and both forces holding you in one piece. This is a type and a shadow of the whole of existence, only through application of various forces of pressure does anything exist. You've learned to master some of these pressure systems and can apply them to summoning something forth from nothing to speak to you. You ask if I am real? I am as real as the world around you, which is not real at all.' ''

Do you think this is true? Do you disagree with something stated here? If so, what, and why?

I would appreciate everyone's input, but especially Mikal's.

Source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwnRKtxUJRQ
The Arcane Winds give rise to Fires of Infinity
Valerio

Re: A Magician Asks a Spirit...

Postby Immortalis Animus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:38 am

Valerio wrote:'' '...where do you come from?'

'I am the formed abyss. We are not different. All things are formed from one primordial nothingness, not at some point in the distant past, but in each moment. Every moment you consider me I come into being, every moment that you consider yourself you are brought into existence. Stop considering yourself and you will cease to be. I have appeared to men as they have considered me, I taught them that which they were on the brink of learning themselves, I concatenated their realizations. I would say that I have always existed as the Promethean-pandorean figure because all time for me is present. However, I have not existed at all until this moment, but neither have you.'

'Reality is far from objective. Can you name a single thing that exists independent of your observation? Such a thing does not exist. When you and I meet, you and I come into existence. Before that point, there is no you, there is no I. You exist only in your relation to that which surrounds you. Your very physical forms held together, as mine is in the smoke by the pressure inside your skin meeting the pressure outside your skin, and both forces holding you in one piece. This is a type and a shadow of the whole of existence, only through application of various forces of pressure does anything exist. You've learned to master some of these pressure systems and can apply them to summoning something forth from nothing to speak to you. You ask if I am real? I am as real as the world around you, which is not real at all.' ''

Do you think this is true? Do you disagree with something stated here? If so, what, and why?

I took a brief glance at the video and he's primarily talking about gnosis, but putting his own conclusions onto it (as evidenced by the inverse pentacle behind him). What he's saying isn't wrong, but it's important to filter it through your own gnosis (silent knowing). You might receive essentially the same "information" but it is still JUST "information" until it is processed through personal experience. You will also undoubtedly draw different conclusions based on your own existing programming and belief systems. It's only when the seeker can enter into gnosis without expectations and utterly without beliefs that one might begin to glean the real truth behind the words. The other thing I noted about the video is that he concludes with selling what I assume is a fairly expensive "training seminar." I would only really question the idea of talking to "spirits" when gnosis is actually the art of communicating with the infinite. When you start putting names to it like Azazel or the like, it tends to create an entirely different mindset that subsequently creates a student/teacher paradigm, when the reality is that gnosis is about bringing into awareness what you already know. It isn't an extant spirit speaking to you. It is your own higher self. Yes, it can take on different manifestations, but I would be very careful about seeing it as "out there" when it is really "within."

I recently saw a meme about the Other which showed two skeletal beings reaching toward one another. It read, "Only when you exist will I." There is much truth to that - ultimate truth, in fact - but it could also be subject to an infinite amount of inaccurate conclusions based on what someone already believes. If someone TELLS you it's a "spirit," why would you automatically believe them?

Question everything from the perspective of the No-Thing.

Darkly everafter,
M
You have to be immortal before you can know how to become immortal.

To understand more about attaining the immortal condition, order my books...
Teachings of the Immortals and The Darker Teachings
Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Postby Valerio » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Immortalis Animus wrote:
Valerio wrote:'' '...where do you come from?'

I took a brief glance at the video and he's primarily talking about gnosis, but putting his own conclusions onto it (as evidenced by the inverse pentacle behind him). What he's saying isn't wrong, but it's important to filter it through your own gnosis (silent knowing). You might receive essentially the same "information" but it is still JUST "information" until it is processed through personal experience. You will also undoubtedly draw different conclusions based on your own existing programming and belief systems. It's only when the seeker can enter into gnosis without expectations and utterly without beliefs that one might begin to glean the real truth behind the words. The other thing I noted about the video is that he concludes with selling what I assume is a fairly expensive "training seminar." I would only really question the idea of talking to "spirits" when gnosis is actually the art of communicating with the infinite. When you start putting names to it like Azazel or the like, it tends to create an entirely different mindset that subsequently creates a student/teacher paradigm, when the reality is that gnosis is about bringing into awareness what you already know. It isn't an extant spirit speaking to you. It is your own higher self. Yes, it can take on different manifestations, but I would be very careful about seeing it as "out there" when it is really "within."

I recently saw a meme about the Other which showed two skeletal beings reaching toward one another. It read, "Only when you exist will I." There is much truth to that - ultimate truth, in fact - but it could also be subject to an infinite amount of inaccurate conclusions based on what someone already believes. If someone TELLS you it's a "spirit," why would you automatically believe them?

Question everything from the perspective of the No-Thing.

Darkly everafter,
M

I'm aware of the problem with channeling, invoking and evoking as well perhaps. What struck me out with this video however, is how even though he says he's a black magician and a follower of whatever path, the message he got from the spirit doesn't seem filtered at all. In fact, I'm more inclined to believe his methods are legit (though unnecessary) since he can get information like this while still following/being his path.

What you said about entering gnosis without beliefs and expectations really hit me. I noticed lately I've been going into gnosis with attitudes like ''Yeah, but I KNOW that's true,'' concerning things I honestly can't say I Know. I can't wait to see what I'll find beyond those veils :twisted:
The Arcane Winds give rise to Fires of Infinity
Valerio

Postby Immortalis Animus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Valerio wrote:
I'm aware of the problem with channeling, invoking and evoking as well perhaps. What struck me out with this video however, is how even though he says he's a black magician and a follower of whatever path, the message he got from the spirit doesn't seem filtered at all. In fact, I'm more inclined to believe his methods are legit (though unnecessary) since he can get information like this while still following/being his path.

The information one gets through gnosis is generally "correct" (at least insofar as the humanform awareness can process it), but the conclusions humans draw come with a lot of baggage. Just using words such as "black magician" automatically categorizes the gnosis even if that isn't necessarily his intent. To be fair, even the word "vampyre" which I have used extensively, can have the same effect - which is why I have allowed even the language of my teachings to evolve to less static terms. What I often referred to as a "vampyre" I now most often call, simply, an immortal (a word that allows the reader to interpret according to his or her own bent, and not necessarily according to mine.) The vampyre paradigm is still extremely effective as a teaching tool for those who are open to it, but even the word can frighten away the timid. So language is a tool, like anything else. My primary agenda is to bring forth the Knowledge surrounding the mystery of immortality. I have no investment beyond that. So I have no need to cling to words. Some teachers do, others don't. What matters is how each seeker interprets the Knowledge itself rather than how the word(s) might make them feel.

Valerio wrote:What you said about entering gnosis without beliefs and expectations really hit me. I noticed lately I've been going into gnosis with attitudes like ''Yeah, but I KNOW that's true,'' concerning things I honestly can't say I Know. I can't wait to see what I'll find beyond those veils :twisted:

If you go into gnosis with pre-formed beliefs, whatever gnosis you receive will be filtered through those beliefs (whether you are aware of it consciously or not). Example: if I received a gram of gnosis that said, "The winged ones are above you and surrounding you..." ...someone with a xtian background would automatically equate "winged ones" to angels or demons (depending on their personal bent) and so the actual gnosis would be colored by that assumption/conclusion. Someone with a more pagan mindset might equate "winged ones" with faeries or elementals, which would also color the gnosis accordingly. The reality may simply be that the winged ones are the winged ones. No other categorization required. I mention this primarily to stress the necessity of checking your reference points when attempting to analyze direct gnosis. It is what it IS... seldom what you might THINK it is. :twisted:

(Yes, Mikal is a nag.)
You have to be immortal before you can know how to become immortal.

To understand more about attaining the immortal condition, order my books...
Teachings of the Immortals and The Darker Teachings
Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion