THE DARKER TEACHINGS - Now Available!

Matters of life and death... what have you learned from life? What do you believe about death? Why do you want to live forever?

THE DARKER TEACHINGS - Now Available!

Postby Immortalis Animus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:13 am

DARKER TEACHINGS OF THE IMMORTALS is now available in paperback format on Amazon. Paperback Format

It is available for pre-order in Kindle format, also on Amazon. Release date for Kindle is October 25, 2017. If you pre-order, the book will be automatically delivered to your kindle or other device on the release date. Kindle pre-order.

You may also order the paperback and/or the PDF directly from the Immortalis-Animus website.

I thank you for your interest in my work, and hope The Darker Teachings will bring you the insights you seek.

Darkly everafter,
Mikal
You have to be immortal before you can know how to become immortal.

To understand more about attaining the immortal condition, order my books...
Teachings of the Immortals and The Darker Teachings
Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Re: THE DARKER TEACHINGS - Now Available!

Postby Immortalis Animus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 am

Just a brief but genuine thank you for the reviews that have been posted thus far on DARKER TEACHINGS OF THE IMMORTALS. It's always good to know a book is being well-received, plus reviews are really the only way a potential reader has of knowing whether or not s/he wants to invest time and energy into a book.

Again... my gratitude.

M

Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Postby Rasa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Immortalis Animus wrote:Just a brief but genuine thank you for the reviews that have been posted thus far on DARKER TEACHINGS OF THE IMMORTALS. It's always good to know a book is being well-received, plus reviews are really the only way a potential reader has of knowing whether or not s/he wants to invest time and energy into a book.

Again... my gratitude.

M

Just posted mine! It'll probably take a day or so to show up on Amazon. I don't know if I did the book enough justice but hopefully it'll boost sales a bit. ;)
"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
--W. B. Yeats
Rasa

Postby Bloo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Have you thought about doing audiobooks for either of your titles? (you could hire someone to do the reading if you don't want to use your own voice)
I generally prefer paperbacks so I can highlight, re-read sections, etc but now if I really like something I'll listen to the audiobook when I'm driving or doing things so it sinks in even more.
Bloo

Postby Immortalis Animus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Bloo wrote:Have you thought about doing audiobooks for either of your titles? (you could hire someone to do the reading if you don't want to use your own voice)
I generally prefer paperbacks so I can highlight, re-read sections, etc but now if I really like something I'll listen to the audiobook when I'm driving or doing things so it sinks in even more.

The publisher generally handles things like that. I, too, enjoy audiobooks. :)

Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Postby Rasa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:09 am

I have to agree with Bloo. When I truly love a book I like to have it in a variety of formats so I can absorb it on many levels. I'm not 100% sure but I think some Kindles have a very basic read-to-you feature. I tried it on the one I purchased a while back and it sucked ass. It was jerky and the voice was very robotic and irritating and didn't even pronounce words like "the" and "and" correctly. I think that is deliberate so you'll have to subscribe to Audible and pay for the actual audio book, plus the subscription. I greatly dislike the fact that, on Amazon at least, you can't just download and pay for one audio book, you have to pay extra to join Audible. Takes advantage of the vision-impaired. :( /rant

I ended up returning that Kindle and sticking with my android tablet. :D

But I have often thought it would be nice to have the audio of TOTI and now TDT. Mikal, when you say the publisher handles that, do you mean that they only do an audio book if there are enough sales of/interest in the physical book? I'm curious because I almost, almost went into a voice-recording career. It's supposed to be very lucrative. I took a class on voice recording but chickened out when it came to submitting my voice for a review that would tell me if I had the potential for "making it." I have done voice recordings for simple videos for work. Some came out very well. Others sound like I was munching on popcorn! LOL! I think it had to do a lot with the recording equipment being turned up too high and no pop-filter and so on. I'm not very good with the technical aspects of it. I think you have to have good recording equipment if you really want to get into that stuff. /long irrelevant story
"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
--W. B. Yeats
Rasa

Postby Immortalis Animus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:09 am

Rasa wrote:I have to agree with Bloo. When I truly love a book I like to have it in a variety of formats so I can absorb it on many levels. I'm not 100% sure but I think some Kindles have a very basic read-to-you feature. I tried it on the one I purchased a while back and it sucked ass. It was jerky and the voice was very robotic and irritating and didn't even pronounce words like "the" and "and" correctly. I think that is deliberate so you'll have to subscribe to Audible and pay for the actual audio book, plus the subscription. I greatly dislike the fact that, on Amazon at least, you can't just download and pay for one audio book, you have to pay extra to join Audible. Takes advantage of the vision-impaired. :( /rant

I generally buy audio books through iTunes for the reasons you cite here. Seems rather predatory to charge a membership fee on top of paying for the actual audio book. Follow the $$$. Always follow the $$$.

Rasa wrote:I ended up returning that Kindle and sticking with my android tablet. :D

But I have often thought it would be nice to have the audio of TOTI and now TDT. Mikal, when you say the publisher handles that, do you mean that they only do an audio book if there are enough sales of/interest in the physical book?

I'm not sure of their reasoning. I should ask, no? :lol: I suspect it has to do with production costs - which can be quite extensive if hiring an actor, not to mention the actual studio time. I've never researched it, to be honest.

Rasa wrote: I'm curious because I almost, almost went into a voice-recording career. It's supposed to be very lucrative. I took a class on voice recording but chickened out when it came to submitting my voice for a review that would tell me if I had the potential for "making it."

From what I've heard, "they" usually tell everyone they have the potential, but then proceed to recommend a variety of coaching classes and so forth, all of which put money in THEIR pockets, but seldom in yours. Yes, Mikal is a cynic today (every day?) On the other side of it, don't let that stop you. You obviously *see* well enough to know when someone is manipulating you, so you would be under no obligation to continue the process if you perceived that to be the case. I'm fairly certain it would indeed be a lucrative career.

Rasa wrote: I have done voice recordings for simple videos for work. Some came out very well. Others sound like I was munching on popcorn! LOL! I think it had to do a lot with the recording equipment being turned up too high and no pop-filter and so on. I'm not very good with the technical aspects of it. I think you have to have good recording equipment if you really want to get into that stuff. /long irrelevant story

Again, I suspect that addresses why my books haven't been converted to audio. The technical requirements could be far more expensive than any potential payback. To be honest, the books don't really sell all that well as these things go. It's why I was unable to interest a "major" publisher - was told by one very well-known publisher, "This is a phenomenally intriguing book, but it is our opinion that the potential audience would be too small to justify mass market publication." He went on to say he had read the manuscript twice... then he joined the forum and participates from time to time. In reality, I am fairly sure he is right - the audience is simply too eclectic and too small in numbers to warrant a major publisher... at least at this time. Hopefully - one dark night - that will change, although it makes little difference to me personally. If I wrote the books in the hopes of "earning a living," I would have starved centuries ago. :P

Don't give up on the possibility of a voice recording career. It resonates with me as a strong possibility for you.

Darkly everafter,
M

Immortalis Animus
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion